EDUCATION & TRAINING
● Fellowships:Adult Lower Limb Reconstruction Fellow, Aug 2005 – July 2006Hospital for Special SurgeryNew York, NY
Adult Lower Limb Reconstruction Fellow, Aug 2004 – July 2005Under C. S. Ranawat, MDLenox Hill HospitalNew York, NY
● Residency:Orthopaedic Residency, June 1999 – July 2004University Hospital of WalesCardiff, United Kingdom
● Medical Education:Basic Surgical Training, Aug 1996 – June 1999University Hospital of WalesCardiff, United Kingdom
● Graduate:Master in Orthopaedic Engineering, 2000Cardiff UniversityCardiff, United Kingdom
● Undergraduate:Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), 1989-1995JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education andResearch), Pondicherry, India
LICENSURE AND BOARD CERTIFICATION
● Board-certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, American Board of Physician Specialties, 2020● Board-certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, Royal College of Physician and Surgeons, Canada, Oct 2020● UK (Europe) Board Certified, Oct 2005● Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons (Orthopaedics), Glasgow, UK, Nov 2003● Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons (General Surgery) Part I, Edinburgh, UK, June 1996● Fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons Part II, Glasgow, UK. May 1998● Connecticut: Permanent License, 2006-Present.
● Danbury Medical Society, Danbury, CT● Connecticut Orthopaedic Society, CT● American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons● American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons● Fairfield County Medical Society
● Lighthouse Surgical Center● New Milford Hospital● Chief, Section of Orthopaedics, Danbury Hospital, Danbury CT, June 2016-Present● Medical Director, Joint Replacement Program, Danbury Hospital, CT, 2015-Present● Danbury Hospital, Danbury, CT, Attending, 2006-Present.● Danbury Surgical Centre, Danbury, CT, Attending, 2006-Present.
● Clinical Assistant Professor University of Vermont, Department of Surgery, 2014-Present
● Vitals Patients’ Choice Award● Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award● Vitals On-Time Doctor Award● Voted Connecticut “Top Doctors” 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. Voted as the best surgeon by peers in Orthopaedic Surgery.● “10-year survivorship of total hip arthroplasty for femoral head osteonecrosis in young patients: Is the problem bearing wear or fixation failure?” First prize for best paper at Lenox Hill Hospital Alumni day, New York, 13th May 2005.● Sir John Charnley Travelling fellowship for Arthroplasty (UK) for 2004/2005.
● Ethicon Foundation Traveling Fellowship Fund from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow for the fellowship year 2004-2005.● Panel member of the second Professional Select Committee on Orthopedic wound care-Royal college of Surgeons-London, UK, 18th June 2003. Report Published in The Times (leading newspaper of UK) Sept 30, 2004.● Accord (Johnson-Elloy) Total Knee Replacement: Why did it fail?. Top six papers at the Welsh Orthopedic Society meeting, May 2003.● Do single fractures of the Pelvic ring exist? Awarded best paper at Welsh Orthopedic society, Swansea, 14th May 2004.