Antonio Paz, M.D.
Dr. Paz, an Interventional Pain Management physician, specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of Musculoskeletal, Neurological, and Cancer-related pain. He is triple board certified by the American Board of Pain Medicine, the American Board of Anesthesiology, and the American Board of Internal Medicine.
His goal is to relieve, manage and reduce pain without the need for addictive pain medications. He received advanced training in Interventional Pain Management at the Comprehensive Spine and Pain Management Center of New York City. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pain Medicine, the American Board of Anesthesiology, and the American Board of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Paz completed a medical residency in internal medicine at a Yale-affiliated program at Norwalk Hospital and an anesthesiology residency at New York Medical College. He has held several leadership positions, most recently as an anesthesiologist and the medical director of pre-admission testing and perioperative medicine at Danbury Hospital. In addition to direct patient care, Dr. Paz has been active in medical education, supervising and training young physicians. He has held faculty appointments with the Yale University School of Medicine and New York Medical College.
He was awarded a day of honor by the City of New Orleans to recognize his exemplary service and compassionate care to the citizens of New Orleans in response to Hurricane Katrina in March 2006.
Dr. Antonio Paz offers complete pain management treatment.
His services include management and treatment for:
● Annular Disc Tear
● Arthritis (Knee/Hip, etc.)
● Back Pain
● Bone Spurs/Osteophytes
● Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
● Degenerative Disc Disease
● Facet Joint Syndrome
● Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
● Herniated/Bulging Disc
● Neck Pain
● Pinched Nerve
● Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Pain
● Spinal Stenosis
● Spine Compression Fractures
● Spondylosis/Spine Arthritis
EDUCATION & TRAINING
● Advanced TrainingInterventional Pain Management Advanced Training, August 2016 – February 2017Comprehensive Spine Center and Pain Management of New YorkNew York, NY
Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship Program, July 2005 – October 2005Tulane University (Interrupted by Hurricane Katrina)
● Residencies:“Chief Resident”Anesthesiology Residency Program (CA-3), January 2010 – January 2011Westchester Medical CenterNew York Medical College
Anesthesiology Residency Program (CA-1 & 2), January 2008 – December 2009Westchester Medical CenterNew York Medical College
Internal Medicine Residency Program (CA-1, 2 & 3), July 2002 – June 2005Norwalk Hospital, Affiliated with Yale University School of Medicine
● Medical EducationCentral University of Venezuela, October 1993 – March 2000Luis Razetti School of MedicineCaracas, VenezuelaDegree received: Surgical Medical Doctor (M.D.)
LICENSURE AND BOARD CERTIFICATION
● Certified by the American Board of Pain Medicine● Certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology● Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine
● Medical Director, Pre-Admission Testing and Perioperative Medicine. Department of Anesthesiology, Danbury Hospital, CT, January 2011 – August 2016● Hospitalist – Clinician Educator Internal Medicine Department, Norwalk Hospital, December 2005 – July 2007● Hospitalist at Milford Hospital (Locum Tenens) Internal Medicine Department, Milford Hospital, August 2007 – December 2007
● American Society of Anesthesiology● American Society of Regional Anesthesia● American Board of Pain Medicine● American Medical Association
● Danbury Hospital● New Milford Hospital● Danbury Surgical Center
● Clinical Instructor in Anesthesiology, New York Medical College, July 2011 – Present● Clinical Instructor in Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, July 2006 – December 2007
● Healthgrades Honor Roll● Magna Cum LaudeGranted by the Faculty of Medicine, Luis Razetti School of Medicine, Universidad Central de Venezuela● Dr. Lorenzo Campins y Ballester 2000 Award Granted by the Faculty of Medicine, Luis Razetti School of Medicine, Universidad Central de Venezuela Award given to the three best students in the class● The Academic Excellence DiplomaGranted by the Central University of Venezuela, Luis Razetti School of Medicine Award given to the student with the highest rank in 1997
● Dr. Luis Razetti 2000 AwardGranted by the Luis Razetti School of Medicine to the students with the best combination of excellence and extracurricular activities● Dr. Jose Izquierdo AwardGranted by the Anatomy Department of the Luis Razetti School of Medicine to the 10 best students of the class 2000● Bestowed with a “Day of Honor,” March 14th, 2006Granted by Mayor Ray Nagin in recognition of the relief efforts during Hurricane Katrina, City of New Orleans, Louisiana