Interventional pain management is a field of medicine that treats pain directly from the source, rather than relying solely on prescription pain medication. Treatments include blocking affected nerves and repairing damaged tissue by injecting it with your own stem cells. Some of the different procedures that we offer include:
- Injections: anti-inflammatory drugs (steroid) or nerve blocks.
- Radiofrequency Ablation/Rhizotomies: destroys a peripheral nerve — only the sensory branches, no nerves associated with motor skills.
- Percutaneous procedures
- Vertebral Augmentation/Kyphoplasties: repairs vertebral compression fractures of the spine (usually osteoporotic or patients with metastatic cancer to the spine)
- Discectomies: removes part of an intervertebral disc
- Stem cell – harvests stem cells from your bone marrow
- Neuromodulation: electrical stimulation in the spinal cord to treat chronic neuropathic pain. It places two electrical leads through the skin into the spine, which is connected to a generator implanted in the subcutaneous tissue, much like a pacemaker.
- Regenerative medicine: includes injecting damaged tissue with the patient’s own stem cells or platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to allow the new cells to adapt to their environment, repairing it while they do so.
Orthopaedic Specialists of Connecticut, also known as Orthopedic Specialists of Connecticut, based in Brookfield, CT and Danbury, CT, provides comprehensive orthopaedic care, sports medicine, joint replacements, and interventional pain management to patients of all ages.
Orthopaedic Specialists of Connecticut, also known as Orthopedic Specialists of Connecticut, provides orthopedic care including: orthopedic examination, foot surgery, ankle surgery, hand surgery, hip surgery, hip replacement, hip resurfacing, knee surgery, knee replacement, orthopedic oncology, shoulder surgery, elbow surgery, and MAKOplasty.
Orthopaedic Specialists of Connecticut, also known as Orthopedic Specialists of Connecticut, also provides sports medicine, physical therapy, pain management, interventional pain management, radiology, x-ray, ultrasound, cortisone injection, and PRP injections.
Orthopaedic Specialists of Connecticut, also known as Orthopedic Specialists of Connecticut, treats sprains, fractures, ligament tears, arthritis, musculoskeletal pain, neurological pain, cancer pain, neck pain, and back pain.