Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon
About Dr. Torbert
Dr. Torbert’s goal is to provide the best orthopedic care in the region, and he always recommends the treatment that he would recommend to his family and friends by using non-surgical and surgical options. He treats severe high energy trauma, simple fracture and injuries. He performs total knee arthroplasty and, through the direct anterior approach, total hip arthroplasty.
Dr. Torbert graduated from the Case Western University School of Engineering with a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering and completed his Master of Science in Applied Anatomy at Case Western University Graduate School while obtaining his medical degree at Case Western University School of Medicine.
Dr. Torbert completed an orthopedic oncology post-doctoral clinical research fellowship, followed by an orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Pennsylvania. During residency, he was awarded a place in the Clinician Scientist Development Program, reserved to a select group of outstanding researchers in the field of orthopedic surgery.
Dr. Torbert then completed a trauma fellowship at R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center located in Baltimore Maryland. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Torbert’s goal is to provide the best orthopedic care in the region, and he always recommends the treatment that he would recommend to his family and friends by using non-surgical and surgical options. He treats severe high energy trauma, simple fracture and injuries. He performs total knee arthroplasty and, through the direct anterior approach, total hip arthroplasty.
Dr. Torbert offers complete Orthopaedic care, including joint replacement, fractures, trauma, and more.
His services include management and treatment for:
- Severe Orthopaedic Trauma
- Total Hip Replacement, including Direct Anterior
- Total Knee Replacement
- Hip and Knee Arthritis Treatment
- Sports Injuries, especially Quad, Patellar, Achilles Tendon Tears
- Orthopaedic Related Infections
- Deformity Correction
- Limb Lengthening
Training and Education
Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship
R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
University of Pennsylvania
Orthopaedic Oncology Post-doctoral Clinical Research Fellowship
University of Pennsylvania
Case Western University School of Medicine
Case Western University Graduate School (Applied Anatomy)
Case Western University School of Engineering (Biomedical, Summa Cum Laude)
Licensure and Board Certification
- CT MD License as of 2021
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – Board Certified, 2013
- Medical Board Ad Hoc Committee on Disaster Preparedness, 12/07-6/08
- Hospital of UPenn Ad Hoc Committee on Disaster Preparedness, 8/07-6/08
- Member/Director, Chippenham 9/15-8/21
- Member of Trauma Advisory Committee, Chippenham Richmond, VA, 9/15-8/21
- Director or Orthopaedic Trauma, Chippenham Hospital, Richmond, VA, 9/15-8/21
- Danbury Hospital – Director of Orthopedic Trauma, 9/1/21
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor 2022
- 2021 Top Doctor, Orthopedic Surgeon, Virginia Magazine
- Orthopaedic Clinician Scientist Development Program (CSDP) Award
- Guardian Angel Award—UT Medical Center Knoxville
- Patients’ Choice Award & Compassionate Doctor Award—Vitals.com
- Top Doctor & Regional Top Doctor—Castle Connolly
- Outstanding Patient Experience Award—Healthgrades.com
- Top 10 Doctor, City of Knoxville—Vitals.com
- Instructor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Univ. of Pennsylvania, 7/06-7/10
- Clinical Instructor, Department of Surgery, Univ. of TN, Knoxville, 8/11-9/15
- Assistant Professor, VCU Orthopaedics, Richmond, VA, 6/17-8/21
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons — Member, 2005-Present
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association – Member, 2005-Present
- Political Action Committee of AAOS – Member, 2009-Present
- Richmond Academy of Medicine – Member, 2015-2021
Areas of Expertise
Orthopaedic Specialists of Connecticut, also known as Orthopedic Specialists of Connecticut, based in Brookfield, CT and Danbury, CT, provides comprehensive orthopaedic care, sports medicine, joint replacements, and interventional pain management to patients of all ages.
Orthopaedic Specialists of Connecticut, also known as Orthopedic Specialists of Connecticut, provides orthopedic care including: orthopedic examination, foot surgery, ankle surgery, hand surgery, hip surgery, hip replacement, hip resurfacing, knee surgery, knee replacement, orthopedic oncology, shoulder surgery, elbow surgery, and MAKOplasty.
Orthopaedic Specialists of Connecticut, also known as Orthopedic Specialists of Connecticut, also provides sports medicine, physical therapy, pain management, interventional pain management, radiology, x-ray, ultrasound, cortisone injection, and PRP injections.
Orthopaedic Specialists of Connecticut, also known as Orthopedic Specialists of Connecticut, treats sprains, fractures, ligament tears, arthritis, musculoskeletal pain, neurological pain, cancer pain, neck pain, and back pain.